Friday, June 17, 2011

PLACEBO ADVERTISING AND THE PILL YOU KEEP SWALLOWING

Believe me, I will get back to more positive matter...ehmmmm as soon as I get done slaying the next dragon.

Among my most peaceful moments are the mornings I linger on my porch reading the paper accompanied by a lovely cup of double espresso. So it is with  increased annoyance that I address this issue.

People have always loved numbing themselves to believe whatever it is they want to believe. Fine I say, I wasn't the anointed one to save the world. But people this is 2011, should you not be in charge of selectively numbing yourself?

Hickey Freeman's ad in the local paper has got me all worked up, I know, it doesn't take much, passion and honesty will do that to you.

They are suggesting that they are offering you, their most respected customer, a sale. Let's do the math shall we? Seeing that they chose to list the prices of suits as an example of the wonderful deals this is what I'll talk about.

THE CLAIM: Suits Original Retail- $1,395 to $3,495


THE DEAL: NOW FACTORY DIRECT $449.99 Or Less


MY QUESTION: If $449.99 is their highest price on sale, surely that must be the suit that retailed the highest at $3,495 is it not?



Even with the assumption that at $449.99 they are giving it to you at cost, and therefore a loss because working for nothing is a loss, this would mean incredible margins at retail.

Do you see my point? If Hickey Freeman sells it to the stores for $499.00 and the retailer sells it for $3,495.00, this means the retailer marks it up  about $3 short of 7 TIMES.

REALLY?!?

Someone is not being honest, the manufacturer or the retailer or both, and YOU should be the first to know. What sickens me more than a company taking a consumer for a fool...is the consumer allowing it.

EDUCATE YOUR SELF...THE PLACEBO PILL YOUR SWALLOWING WON'T HELP YOU.

No comments :

Post a Comment