Friday, January 29, 2010

A Hotel to Remember

There are reasons why certain moments in time feel as though the world around you vanishes and your senses seem to take on supernatural powers, this was one of them.

As you turn into what seems like a small forest, you feel engulfed by nature and as you approach L'Albereta Hotel in the Franciacorte area in Northern Italy. You are facing a spectacularly restored house, which at that very moment, epitomizes the expression "it took my breath away".

 

The vineyards embracing the structure spoke of its history and care in what Italians do best...live with passion. This was going to be a culinary delight, which I new from everything I'd been told about this fine establishment. What I didn't know was the comfort that would await me when I would be shown the two floor suite by Carl. His heavy German accent surprised me, but I soon realized that this was a hotel that attracted the very best in the business as he was about to show me where I was to reside over the next two days.

  

Carl explained that with a push of a button the roof over the bed on the second floor of the suite would simply open up and so that night I slept under the stars.

There are reasons why certain moments in time feel as though the world around you vanishes and your senses seem to take on supernatural powers, this was one of them.

www.alwaysgetLucky.com

No comments :

Post a Comment