Sunday, December 6, 2009

around the corner

So often we let life get in the way of living. This concept perhaps seems odd at first, but I think most, if not all of us, have been so overtaken with the day to day activities of our lives that we forget the moments that are the essence of those days.

I have been fortunate to experience such highs and lows that I have gained incredible appreciation and respect for both.

This was just one of those moments. I had taken a day from my work schedule in Italy to travel up to the small towns in the western Alps. It was quiet and peaceful, one might think almost eerily so, but I didn't find it eerie, I just found it quiet and peaceful.

As I walked the old streets and turned corners, discoveries of people living life were everywhere. The lack of crowds may have added to my enjoyment in seeing people living life for themselves, for no other purpose but for living. And because our paths crossed, their moments became...my moments as well.


2 comments :

  1. I am so incredibly guilty of being caught up amidst the every day hustle and bustle!!! I am completely aware that the time is flying by, and wish i had the flexibility to slow down once in awhile. I will...but for now i will be like most of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am so guilty of getting so caught up in the daily grind that I forget to live... And days, weeks and years go by in the blink of an eye... Finally, and mainly because I'm running out of steam, I decided to take action... I'm taking time each day to stop and appreciate the little things around me, take in positive energy and release negative toxic emotions.. Finally I'm realizing that I'm not where I want to be and that I've known that for a long time but ignored taking action because I didn't know how to. I always knew what I wanted but didnt know how to get there. Now, I am finding direction and mapping it mentally so that I can take the first steps to freedom...

    ReplyDelete